Sunday 2 November 2014

Eh, ruuuuude?

This might make me seem like a bitch. But I honestly couldn't care less right now.

Lately, I've been noticing a lot of different people using my pictures, my name, etc. The other day I happened to stumble across someone who used me as their profile picture of Facebook. They even used my second name and last name even though they used a different first name. They posted statuses as if they were me, had the exact same Facebook photo albums as me with all my pictures etc, and just seemed to act like me. on top of that, they were 'in a relationship' with someone who used my boyfriend's picture as a profile picture. Simply, they were stealing our identities. And that's not ok. They didn't state anywhere that it was a roleplay account or whatever, simply stole our information and photos, even my names. And even if it was a roleplay account, it's still not ok. Especially since they didn't ask me. Nor Sebastian.

And this is not the first time. I've seen other Facebook users. Instagram, Tumblr, Twitter, KIK etc. I don't think it's ok. It sure if flattering in some situations, when people make sure to TELL that it's me in the picture and not them. I've seen others use my way of writing BIOs/Info, just editing so it matches them, and that's kind of cute. People who uses also call themselves things much alike my usernames and etc. It' flattering, because they get INSPIRED. They don't copy. They are just inspired by me and that's what I want to do.

Today Sebastian happened to find a roleplay account on Instagram. It used me as "Max", Aquamarine as "Rider", Frank Wolf as "Frank" and someone else, to roleplay 'gay roleplays' with other users. Sure, it's flattering in a way, that they think I'm attractive and nice to use as a character, but I, personally, also think it's creepy. That other fantasizes about me as someone else, doing sexual things etc. I'm not a fictional character like Dean Winchester, Eren Jaeger, Sebastian Michaelis, or whatever. I'm a real person. I'm flesh and blood, with a mind of my own. I have feelings, and I feel hurt when people make me into an object, or a toy, they can use as they wish. Like a doll they can play with.

Sure, I put up all those pictures and texts up on the Internet, for everyone to see. I share a piece of my life with you guys. I do that, for a reason. I write my honest thoughts and opinions here on my blog and other social medias. Just like many others do. And I can just suit myself if people steal my work or pictures. But don't you have any conscious at all? Don't you feel bad for making someone in to an object? You see my pictures, my videos, my walls of text. Would you have done the same if you had met me? Befriended me? FELT my feelings and thoughts, meeting me face to face? Would you do this to one of your friends? I would say, most if you probably wouldn't. I can say, I wouldn't.

When I was younger, I did the same a few times. Before I realized it was weird, and that I would feel weird if someone used me. This was before I started out with Instagram and everything. Then I started using drawn pictures. Sure, it's still someone's work, but it's not a person with feelings and thoughts of it's own, not like a human being.

I never, ever thought I would gain this much attention. It was never my intention in the beginning, but as I noticed more and more people started to follow me, give me feedback etc, I wanted to keep on going and see where it would lead me.

I'm aware of that this won't stop just with a snap of my fingers. But I want to put this out there. I want you to know my thoughts about this.

I don't like people using my pictures without giving me credit. I don't want you to use my pictures for roleplaying. I am, as I said, flattered if you mind me attractive or whatever. I'm SO grateful that you do, and your comments and compliments can make my shittiest day so much better. BUT, however. To use my as a character, do feel really strange. Especially as I know many roleplays includes a lot of romantic things and sometimes (well, quite often if you're a bit older) do have a sexual theme. I feel weird thinking someone else than my boyfriend thinking that of me, even if it's not "me".

You have the right to think whatever you want. It's your mind and fantasy. But what happens in your head stays in your head. It's different when you put it up online.

So guys... I have a favor to ask you. Please don't use my picture without asking me first. And if you get a no, please, do respect that. Show some respect. The same goes for anyone else. My boyfriend, my friends, whoever who puts up pictures online. Don't use their pictures carelessly. Be nice, and ask. it's not that hard. It's just really rude to use something someone else has created in some way. Think of how you want to be treated, and think twice. So many people are very careless online and it's just... not okay. We need to be nicer, show some politeness and be more kind. To keep Internet as nice as possible? There will always be rude and people who won't show respect, but they simple lack manners and it's just too bad that they can't be smarter about how they act.

Thank you if you took your time to read this. You all who support me means so much to me.

Many hugs, your little magical boy Jack





7 comments:

  1. I really hate people who steal someone's photos (watermarked or not) and use them as if they were their own, without linking back to the original person's site or even giving credits. It makes me so mad! It's disgusting to impersonate someone else without permission. So respectless.

    I've seen random blogs online that outright copied my blog posts too, several times and different blogs to boot. Worst part is that I can't even find a way to contact the writer about it because there's no info to be found about who even runs the friggin' blog. It makes me furious and sick to the stomach that someone would sink so low as to steal my content (text, photos etc) to make it seem like they wrote it and get the praises for it. That kind of imbeciles should just burn in hell. :C Oh, and I hope you reported all those impersonators who pretended to be you in any way already.

    It sucks that this kind of things happen but I guess it's something you can't avoid when internet starts to take notice of you and your stuff.. ugh, wish popularity wouldn't come with such a backlash sometimes.

    Feel free to check out my cosplay blog, by the way! <3
    http://valkoinensamurai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope they can understand it as soon as possible!! That's not feir with what they're doing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all you are one to talk. You are one false identity yourself. Claiming to be a boy when you are a girl. That's as much wrong as it is to steal your photos. Just think about it for a second when you have all those fangirls having wet dreams of you and they are actually dreaming about a girl. But hey, let me tell you something, you brought this on yourself when you whore around the internet trying to get as much followers as you can. Stop complaining and enjoy being famous for nothing while it lasts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First of all, last time i checked between my boyfriend Jacks legs his rather cute penis looked back at me. And if you think he's a girl and have a false identity you're wrong.
      He is the one who's real, and not trying to be someone he's not. It's really sad that you're trying to insult my boyfriend saying that when you're the one who has a false name and writing comments anonymoysly. What does that say about you?
      It shows us all how pitiful you're, hiding behind your computer screen, crying and being jealous because you never will have "all those fangirls having wet dreams of you". I think you're a pitiful piece of shit and you seriously need to get a fucking life or erase yourself from this planet or I will help you do it.
      You picked the wrong boy to bully and calling a "whore". I rather think it's the other way around, that you're a pathetic shit that whore around the interner trying to find someone who likes you.
      Your whole comment just shine through of jealousy, and I think you're rather tragic person who need too bully and haress other people to gain more self-confident, it's so fucking sad I'm almost crying here.

      Have a nice day, dipshit

      Delete
  4. "When I was younger, I did the same a few times. Before I realized it was weird, and that I would feel weird if someone used me. This was before I started out with Instagram and everything. Then I started using drawn pictures. Sure, it's still someone's work, but it's not a person with feelings and thoughts of it's own, not like a human being.

    You have the right to think whatever you want. It's your mind and fantasy. But what happens in your head stays in your head. It's different when you put it up online."

    Me too, I did the same. I think the same like you. And That's true! <3
    Cheer up! I hope people be concerned and act when they see how you feel.
    One time, I said Aurora (model of the cyberdog shop) if I could use one of her photos in an university work (I explained her the work and for what i wanted to use her pic) and she said OFCOURSE, YES (I love her for that, I had a great work score).
    If she say me NO, I DO NOT use her photo. I don't know, it's respect. People need to know this word...

    ReplyDelete
  5. *give you hug from a far* Ganbatte kudasai jack-chan!! XD

    ReplyDelete