Thursday 23 April 2015

Rest In Peace, Best Friend

I can't believe I have to write such a thing already. You weren't old. You were supposed to live at least the double of what you already have lived. I didn't get to see you more than twice during the two last years of your life. It's painful to think that I won't ever got to bury my face into your fur again, cuddle with you, or take those long walks you liked. Never hear you bark so very happily.

Some people say "it's just a dog" or "that's life". You're right about the second statement, but not the first. It's not just "a dog". It's another life, another living being that I have shared my own life with, and taken care of, loved and protected. My baby dog Hera was one of my best friends, just like her sister Freja. She was there for me when I was very bullied and had very few, if even any, good friends. They shared me up when I was sad. They kept my mind off things I shouldn't think of. And now I'm grieving the loss of one of my best friends, just like if any of my human friends died. I don't see the difference in value. A life is a life, whether it's a dog, cat, bird, human or whatever. What matter is the bond you have.
Life always ends with death, I'm aware, but that doesn't make it less painful.

Since I moved, and practically lost contact with my dad and the family because of some fighting, I didn't get to see her more than twice during the last two years. Last time I saw her was this Monday, when I went to say good bye, and make up with my dad, or whatever I should call it. Things are fine between us now, and I'm very happy that I got to say good bye to my beloved four legged friend.


She was strong, and fought, just like me. She got sick, gained weight she shouldn't gain, went blind, started to struggle with walking, and surely a lot of pain, and exhaustion. When I saw her it was like meeting a different dog. One who had no energy for anything, who couldn't see. She didn't seem happy at all, just very tired of everything. I wish I could have done something, but she was just too sick and not even the vet could help...

She's sleeping now. Dreaming, hopefully. Nice dreams. And the stars will forever sing her a lullaby. Thank you best little friend, I love you now and forever. I will miss you but treasure our memories and keep them in my heart until I go the same way as you <3


 Rest In Peace, My Little Princess Hera <3

4 comments:

  1. Aww poor dog. :'(
    Makes me miss our Samoyed dog Lady; she was left at a guy's place when mom and him "divorced" and I haven't seen my precious fur baby since... ;_; I don't even know is she's still alive... She was super kind, fluffy, always playful and came to me every time I was feeling bad and/or lonely. I really miss her... *sniff*

    http://valkoinensamurai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw :( I'm sorry for your loss. It's good that she's not in pain anymore, and deciding to give her peace was the best that you could offer her in that situation. Maybe she's watching over you wherever she is now. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hera looked like a great dog. You're right. She will now live in the heaven for dogs, and she's much better now. Yes, this is going to happen to everyone, but animal or not, strong feelings are strong feelings. Rest In Peace to her ❤️

    ReplyDelete