Friday 20 March 2015

PinkyParadise Review - Vassen Ruby Red

More than one way 

So today I will be reviewing my new lenses from PinkyParadise, that I got some time ago. It's a pair of Vassen Ruby Red, that I chose to get since my last pair of red lenses had expired and I needed new ones for several looks and cosplays.

And not only I'm going to review these lenses. I also want to inspire you! Lenses can be used for so many purposes, and make such a difference. So I'm gonna show you.


Difference between my natural eye color and the lens color/look/size! Pretty neat huh?


Here are some pictures of me, wearing the lenses for different looks.

Top left, me, how I look normally, but I chose to wear my lenses for my daily look, as a way to make a small, cool change! Lenses doesn't always have to walk hand in hand with lots of fancy makeup or something really special. It just works great for your every day look, whatever color you want!

Top right, me, doing an 'innocent' vampire girl look. Maybe a Halloween look? The red lenses I chose works great for scary or Halloween looks. Vampires, zombies, werewolves or demons, anything really! It gives such a big effect and make you look pretty scary. Darker or lighter red depends on you yourself.

Last picture, below here, is me in cosplay. Cosplay, as you know, is dressing up as a certain character from a game, serie, manga, anime, book or movie. In this picture, I just did a cosplay test with makeup, wig and lenses for the character Nico Yazawa from Love Live!. The character has red eyes, and since you want to look a lot like your character when you cosplay, you might want to wear lenses, like this!

So there are many ways, looks and styles you can use these lenses for, or any circle lenses really!


As for these lenses in particular, these are my thoughts.

The lenses are great for all of the purposes I mentioned. I always have a bit of a trouble finding good lenses that works well for my eye color as my eyes are pretty dark, and therefore even light lenses gets dark. The lenses turned out pretty dark on me, and at some times looking red-ish brown because of it, but I simply think it gives them a more natural. They weren't too big either, and I liked that in particular, as I don't want to appear to have too large eyes with these. They were easy to put in, and didn't dry out very quickly at all, like some lenses do. They adjusted really quickly and fit so well!

* Comfort - 4/5
* Size - 5/5
* Color - 4/5
* Effect - 4/5

So that was it for this time. I hope this review was helpful to some of you who are looking for lenses, or red lenses in particular. If you are curious and want to try it out - don't be afraid to do so! But talk to your optician first, to make sure you can wear lenses, and whether you should have prescription or not. There are great videos on youtube and on lens sites if you need advice for your first time!

Thanks for reading! Bye bye chuuu~



3 comments:

  1. I have these, if they are the same as I.Fairy Ruby Red that is! They should be though because Vassen is a manufacturer of I.Fairy so basically 'same same but different'. :'D
    I've had them for a while but haven't gotten around to opening them yet; I'm kinda saving them for when I get to cosplay a character who has big bright red eyes.
    I think that these lenses appear huge but they aren't big in this kind of "too big" way, if that makes sense haha. I.Fairy lenses at least always tends to be big.

    www.valkoinensamurai.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so cute on you~♪

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those red lenses are great. I have a zombie nurse cosplay that I need to get new lenses for, so i might try these out :)

    - Sarah
    oh-so-kawaii.com

    ReplyDelete