Thursday 29 January 2015

My own apartment?!

So the other week, I got a call from the social services. As many of you know, I've been living in a foster home for a year now, pretty much exactly a year on the 28th of January actually. As I was put here, only weeks before I turned 18, I could not have this as my permanent new home, but I could stay here for 4 months, and then extend my time with 6 months at a time. So this is my 12th month living here, and now, last week, they told me that I had got an apartment.

This is something I've known would happen, as they put me in a special que and all, and I'm happy this is happening, as well as I'm really scared. It's a big thing, to move out. To have your own apartment, pay the bills, all the cleaning, shopping, fixing! It's gonna be tough, but I'm determined I'll make it. I'm getting so much help and support from my family, friends and boyfriend, so I don't doubt it really.

I'm trying to sell some stuff off in order to afford most stuff I need, and I'm taking my savings to go to IKEA with my bonus family and buy some of the things I need, for example for the kitchen,  bathroom and bedroom etc. As I already got a lot of what I needed for Christmas, thanks to my foster dads. And almost everything I got was pink ahaha!

If you haven't seen my video about it, I'll leave it here for you to watch.



But anyhow. So much will be going on right now, so I might not be able to update my YouTube very much. But I have tons of video plans and I'm sure all of them will turn out finds as soon as I have the time to make them! Some are just for fun, while some are more important! 

I'll try to write more personal posts when I can. Thanks for reading darlings! <3

1 comment:

  1. Well, looking for an apartment will be quite the feat, so you should probably start your hunt for one as early as now. In that case, I do hope some of your friends and family will help you with the hunt. Anyway, sounds like it's going to be a big adventure, so make sure to enjoy it! Good luck! :)

    Willard Evans @ Wow Homes

    ReplyDelete