Sunday 27 March 2016

MY MADAME RED COSPLAY

So this blog post is CRAMPED with pictures of my lastest cosplay, which is MADAME RED! 

And, before any of you say, "but that doesn't look like Madame Red's hair, it's wrong!", I will say: I am aware. This is not my Madame Red wig, but I will get one, but right now I haven't got it. So I used my SHARON (Pandora Hearts) Wig from UNIQSO (as usual, discount code "niisuke" = 10% off your purchase at UNIQSO). 

I was given the chance to try out one of UNIQSO's many new costumes, that they started selling just a little while ago, and Madame Red was for me an obvious choice. I love her as a character, and this design was so gorgeous I couldn't resist it! And since I have been trusting UNIQSO and their quality for more than a year, I was so happy to give this a try.

I ordered this with express shipping, so it got to me within a week. It was all safely packaged, in plastic bags, to be protected during the shipping.

Costume link: Madame Red's Dress

So let's start showing off the pictures, to see what it looks like!


When you order this costume, this is what you will receive: 

* Dress
* Hat
* Long gloves
* Necklace/Choker
* Underskirt/Crinoline

It's available in the sizes S to XL, and the exact measurements are found on the page with the dress and all, so make sure to check it up if you want to order. Me, who's a rather short and thin person, found that the top part was a little bit too wide for me, but I easily fixed that up with some safety pins and a strong will! Also, the bust part was very padded, and for me who go flat chested, found it easy to stuff the chest for a bit of a bust.

Here are some closeups!





The fabric is matte satin, and it's a very comfortable dress. It's a tiny bit heavy since it's so big, and a little hard to move in narrow spaces in, but I thought it was easy to wear, except for some issues with the top sliding down due to me being a little too thin. I could correct that though. Otherwise it fit nicely around my hips and waist. It had a zipper on the back, which I had to close while wearing the dress' back on my stomach, and then turn it around, so if you have help with this dress when you put it on, that's a good thing! It was a little difficult to get it all on myself, but if you're experienced with wearing these kind of dresses and cosplays I'm sure it will be easier. 



Everything fits nicely and looks good, every little detail is well made. Here's what the gloves look like! They are tight and just my size!


The back of the dress, where these's a big bow.


Look how POOOOFY the skirt is! It's HUGE really, and I love it. It's all thanks to the crinoline/under skirt that they send to you with this dress!


This is it! It's good because you can fold this and store this somewhere if you need to, and it's easy to wear and put on. I liked the simplicity with it! You tie it around your waist, and voilà. Helping your big, fancy dress to stay big and fancy. 






I kind of ended up loving this look! It's like, a different character just because of the hair. I felt like a sassy, bitchy, aristocrat lady. The necklace is too perfect, matching this look great, and the hat gives it an extra fancy hint to it! I was surprised that such a big hat was so easy to wear really.




Overall, this is a really good cosplay that I'm so pleased with! Sure, I was a little bit too tiny for it and adjustments has to be made but that happens from time to time. It's high quality, feel great to wear, and I felt so pretty in it. Definitely recommending it.

If you order ANYTHING from UNIQSO and want a discount, make sure to use the code "niisuke" to claim a 10% discount from your entire order! Check out their costumes, maid dresses, lenses, wigs and makeup by clicking HERE!

Leave your questions down below in the comment section if you have any! Thank you!

Bye!









3 comments:

  1. Aaahh~~ !!
    You're so pretty in red! Holy damn! *_*
    I actually like this wig better than Madame Red's actual hair, lol. You rock it!
    Great costume and photos! Thanks for reviewing!

    Reminds me I have yet to watch Kuroshitsuji...

    ☆ Shiro Samurai's Cosplay & Circle Lens Blog ☆
    New post!~
    ☆ Facebook Cosplay Page ☆

    ReplyDelete
  2. the wig does look better than the real madame red...

    ReplyDelete
  3. i likes the choker ;)

    ReplyDelete